I have no excuse. I won't even try. I laughed out loud when I read this by Jen Lancaster, though, because it is so me...as is much of her writing. I think we are related somehow and just don't know it.
So I'm gonna mix it up a little over the next few weeks - maybe a new design for the blog? Maybe try posting something every few days? Maybe add a new photo blog for my 365 thing I'm trying to do? Maybe update my album of layouts and such? Maybe? You think? Maybe not. You'll just have to wait and see. I'm ready for something new, though.
I'm wishing I could be done with the little voices that nag me about how I'm not good enough, not smart enough, not skinny enough...how I don't do enough, don't have enough, don't care enough...I need some of those little voices that pump me up with affirmations all day long about how beautiful and smart and creative and blessed and loved I am. Where do you get those little voices? Someone send me a link.
In an effort to start 2009 in a traditional yet creative way, I will tell you the top ten things for which I am most grateful...right now...today - January 4, 2009. And then I will tell you the top ten things I would love to change or do differently in 2009. And then I am moving on. Pity Party officially over. (At least for now.)
Grateful today for:
- PJ. (Seriously? What did I do to deserve him?)
- Bobbie Jo. (Seriously? What did I do to deserve her?) This is why I can't win the lottery, people. I used all my luck up on getting a husband and a best friend.
- Brothers and sisters (full, half, step, in-laws, etc.) and parental units (full, in-law, step - past and present). All of these people - no matter how crazy they make me sometimes. And sometimes, they make me very crazy.
- Sweet doggies.
- Adorable nieces and nephews.
- Happy memories.
- Amazing friends. (I realize I need a new adjective.)
- Great camera.
- My bed with flannel sheets & fluffy pillows.
- The iPhone.
To do, change, be in 2009:
- Leave it at work.
- Take more photos.
- My photos. Good Lord, do something with all those photos.
- Mother's photos. Good Lord, do something with all those photos.
- Organize the office/scrap room.
- Say "no" more often.
- Care less about what people say about me.
- Care less about what people think about me.
- Pray more.
- Read more.
Happy New Year, friends. Let's get it started.